[Koha-devel] Koha 3.0 and mod_perl

Chris Cormack chrisc at catalyst.net.nz
Wed Jun 9 11:03:04 CEST 2010

* Alex Bernier (alex.bernier at free.fr) wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 09, 2010 at 08:18:56PM +1200, Chris Cormack wrote:
> > * Alex Bernier (alex.bernier at free.fr) wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I am planning to run Koha 3.0 with the mod_perl Apache 2 module (using the PerlRunPrefork response handler). My question : has someone noticed problems with such a configuration ?
> > >
> > > (On wiki.koha.org , there was a page about Koha and mod_perl but I don't find it anymore on the Wiki of koha-community.org.)
> > As far as I know, no one has tested it in a serious way, so its yet to
> > be seen if it has problems.
> >
> > I wouldn't be suprised if there were some problems with the librarian
> > interface.
>
> Even with PerlRunPrefork response handler ? I don't find documentation regarding differences between PerlRunPrefork and Registry handlers, but it seems to me that PerlRunPrefork is more "flexible" than Registry.

Yep, it is certainly more flexible, but there is quite a few instances
in Koha where we don't clean up as well as we should. With CGI it
doesn't matter so match, but with persistance my fear would be ram
leakage. So i'd want to keep an eye on the apache child processes and
make sure they don't grow out of control.

Chris
--
Chris Cormack
Catalyst IT Ltd.