[Koha-devel] BibLibre strategy for Koha 3.4 and next versions

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Tue Jun 22 08:50:50 CEST 2010

Le 21/06/2010 21:48, Chris Cormack a écrit :

(answer written after a restfull night)
> Well we will have to come up with some solution,
yes, we have !
> They have not been
> tested with current master (like you say, they are 100 patches behind)
> and they will undoubtedly introduce bugs, this is no reflection on
> Biblibre, everyones code contains bugs, it is almost a mathematical
> impossibility that 450 patches will merge bug free.

I agree with you (the next question being : is it easier to fix some
bugs introduced by a so big merge, or to split our work into small
pieces, test them,... not sure of the answer)
> I will push them up into a new/biblibre-patches branch, and from there
> work can be done to isolate, test and merge them in managable chunks.
> We simply can't merge 450 patches now and not expect to make our lives
> much much harder in the future. I'm willing to work on making smaller
> feature sets, it will help a lot if the commit messages relate to bugs
> in bugzilla, that will make making them much easier, if not I will be
> asking Biblibre lots of questions.

There is a "good" news I forget to speak of yesterday (it was 10PM, &
i'm very busy, so very tired, those days) :
Most (if not all) commits are related to a BibLibre mantis entry.
Features and bugfixes.

The bad news : it's all in french.
The good news :
1- it should help seeing what is related to what
2- we could open our mantis repository to some of you. Note it contains
a lot of private informations (about data migrations, comments,...), but
we have sub-projects for every curstomer & split migration / feature
devs, so we should be able to open only what needs to be open.

I'll speak of that with hdl asap (not today, i'm training Aix-Marseille
Universities)

--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com