[Koha-devel] BibLibre strategy for Koha 3.4 and next versions

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Tue Jun 22 12:08:20 CEST 2010

Paul Poulain skribis:
> Le 21/06/2010 22:04, Chris Nighswonger a écrit :
> > On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 3:40 PM, Paul Poulain <paul.poulain at biblibre.com> wrote:
> >> 2- we proposed to submit those patches many months ago, but galen
> >> decision was : "feature freeze for 3.2". We had to go ahead.
> >>
> > This had to happen some time.
> >
> agreed. The problem being that 3.2 is very late. Today, we have to do
> something to merge our work.

OK, so problems in 3.0's release process caused software.coop to fork;
and now problems in 3.2's release process caused BibLibre to fork.
Can we do anything to stop 3.4 causing another vendor to fork?

> > I would suggest that the problem is not with the feature freeze, but
> > perhaps with not keeping in sync with the main repo master.
> >
> we tried, but had some bugs introduced by the merge + we were too short
> on time.

Just a side note: I think the co-op fork has most patches from master
integrated, but it's still non-trivial to clean and push back.

> Again : today, we (BibLibre) are willing to do something because in a
> few weeks, it'll be too late, unfortunately

Great, so if giving it a free pass through community QA isn't an
option, what's the next best choice?

Regards,
--
MJ Ray (slef)  Webmaster and LMS developer at     | software