[Koha-devel] searching for phrases

Ian Walls ian.walls at bywatersolutions.com
Mon Mar 1 14:19:24 CET 2010

It seems like it might be a good idea to parse the search string
provided by the user (in "Googlese") into Zebra's prefix system.  Not
only could we handle phrase searching, but we could do a host of other
translations (&'s give us some escapement craziness, if I recall).  We
could also do things like converting ISBN-10's in ISBN-13's or vice
versa.  It could even be piped into the administrative area to let
people turn on and off translations, and make it easy to develop new
ones (they'd basically be regex).

Sounds like an RFC to write up for 3.4!

-Ian