[Koha-devel] Developer Documentation -

Irma Birchall irma at calyx.net.au
Thu Mar 18 23:44:15 CET 2010

Hi Reed

As we want to bridge the gap between developers and users and assist users
to become (or engage more with) developers and developers to become better
users, is it wise to repeat something you say "I've never seen it done
well"?

My suggestion is that one adds to the 4 categories of developer
documentation you list, 2 important documents: the "User Guide" and "Client
Requirements Guide"  to frame a more complete picture.

Just like adjusting the size of the font to suit our visual needs when
reading web pages, if the reader could adjust the documentation reading
level to suit their information needs by clicking on the - or + signs like
when viewing Google maps .... that would be cool!

Then we truly would document requirements and knowledge from the library
patron, the library staff and the amazing Koha developers all in one multi
layered manual.

Cheers,
Irma
CALYX