[Koha-devel] Developer Documentation -

Lars Wirzenius lars at catalyst.net.nz
Fri Mar 19 00:11:06 CET 2010

On Fri, 2010-03-19 at 11:51 +1300, Chris Cormack wrote:
> It's building that culture that is the tricky bit. Dev changes so fast
> that we need to make sure the doc changes with it, having it in the
> same place as the code and having an expectation that patches that
> change code, change the doc too seems like one of the few ways to make
> it happen.

I suspect that it would be crucial for the release manager, or whoever
accepts patches into the main development branch, enforce this. After a
while, it should become second nature to all frequent developers.

Obviously there will be situations in which someone may be able to fix a
bug, but not understand enough to update the documentation, too. In that
case, posting a preliminary patch to koha-devel asking for help would
seem to be the best way to handle this.