[Koha-devel] wiki [important] changes & request for reviewing

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Mon Nov 1 05:04:06 CET 2010

Hello,

Those who have an RSS feed on the wiki  may have seen a lot of changes.
It was a task I planned to do during hackfest. Couldn't but today I could !

I've cleaned A LOT all RFCs, I hope (and think) it's much more clear now !

I've created 3 new categories : rfc_for3.2, rfc_for_3.4, abandoned_rfc

I've checked *all* (109 !) rfcs and added/modified the categories to be
the right one.
So, now:
- http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Category:RFCs:for_3.2 => contains
rfcs for 3.2
- http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Category:RFCs_for3.4 => contains
rfcs that have been announced as expected for 3.4
- http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Category:Abandoned_RFC => contains
abandoned rfcs (because it's no more relevant or we have lost contact
with the developer)

on page : http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Category:RFCs there are
still 19 pages that I don't know what to do with.

FOLLOW-UP => ANYONE who has entered a RFCs on the wiki should go and
double-check that it's at the right place. On some RFCs, the author was
displayed in the RFC itself (BibLibre or Liblime most of the time, but a
few others), but the edition history has been lost when we moved the
wiki. So, for many RFCs, there is no information in the RFC itself and
it seems to have been filed by nengard, which is wrong.

I also have modified the tags "Version". I propose that the tag "version
X.Y" to be checked only when the feature has been integrated in master
branch (it's sure it will be a part of the release X.Y) Thus, i've
removed all "3.4" tags, they will be re-checked later (and RFCs_for3.4
is clear)

Other points =
* the page http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Category:RFCs describe
the workflow
* pls note I've created a template for RFC (i haven't adapted existing
RFCs). If something is missing in this template, let me know (or update
it, it's quite easy !). We (BibLibre) will use this template for the
coming-soon RFCs !

Will now work on BibLibre RFCs for 3.4. (That may be 40, mostly for acq
& serials )

HTH

--
Paul POULAIN