[Koha-devel] Getting rid of YUI ?

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Tue Nov 2 13:46:32 CET 2010

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 11:07 PM, Paul Poulain <paul.poulain at biblibre.com>wrote:

> Other question : should we have jquery code inside koha (and thus having
> to take care of the updates) or should we use an external source ? (does
> this exist ? for yui it does, see yuipath syspref in koha)

I have no problem with changing to something better than yui.

Regarding the location of the source: I think that if we use an external
source, we *must* include an internal version/option for those who are
bandwidth challenged as well as in a preemptive protection against data link
outages on local installations. Koha tends to bork if the yui source is
external and the link to the internet dies. In this regard, we should also
consider some fail over mechanism if we continue to use an external source
so when the external source is unavailable for whatever reason, Koha drops
back to the internal source.

my $0.02 worth.

Kind Regards,
Chris