[Koha-devel] itemBarcodeInputFilter or Client side JS?

Joe Atzberger ohiocore at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 04:45:23 CET 2010

> > Is it not possible to do one of these two?
>
> I think they are asking for the proper way of modifying the script
> that generates barcodes in koha for NEW items, preserving the
> semantics of the current system they're using.

I don't think so, based on:

Post migration we will generate & print barcodes from Koha; so we dont have
> to emulate this logic in the barcode generation for Koha

Though I did mention they may want to seed a valid new max value for their
intended barcode scheme once everything is loaded.  I.E., their values are
not numerical, so they can't use incremental, and they'll need to use
something else.