[Koha-devel] DBIx::Class vs current Koha's DBI performance

Clay Fouts cfouts at liblime.com
Thu Nov 4 18:16:06 CET 2010

Speaking of DBIC, has anyone looked into other ORM layers as potential
candidates for integration? The only other one I've looked at and
experimented with is Rose::DB::Object. It's considerably faster than DBIC,
both during startup and ongoing execution. The API makes more sense to me,
too, but that's a personal preference. However, it lacks some of DBIC's
schema management utilities and the ResultSet-style of subquerying (which
also has the advantage of not having deal with a ResultSet in the first
place).

Thoughts?

Clay