[Koha-devel] DBIx::Class vs current Koha's DBI performance

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Mon Nov 8 08:57:20 CET 2010

2010/11/8 Frédéric Demians <frederic at tamil.fr>:

>> They are quite hard to find, Test::Memory::Cycle and Devel::Cycle are
>> two ways to find them, but you have to have some suspicion where to
>> look.
>
> Thanks. I will explore those modules. Could you point in HEAD an existing
> and known circular reference I could test with this technique?

Not off the top of my head, I suspect we might have issues in the
Search results, that seems to leak the most. Thats the problem with
them, its hard to track them down. I'm wondering if there is a biblio
that references an item which references the biblio, or something
similair to that.

>>> Other question: do you plan to make Moose a Koha requirement and
>>> recommendation?
>>
>> Not for 3.4. I think the above list plus all the rfcs to get done in 6
>> months is plenty ambitious enough.
>
> Yes, ambitious and awesome.
>
>> And until we can run Koha in a manner, adding Moose would just kill us.
>
> And using Moose outside Koha in /misc/* maintenance scripts? It'll be a
> Moose integration first step.

I wouldn't reject that out of hand :) It would add another dependency,
but it might be worth it.

Do you have a sample script?

Chris