[Koha-devel] Search Engine Changes : let's get some solr

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Thu Nov 11 22:58:48 CET 2010

MJ Ray schreef op do 11-11-2010 om 13:09 [+0000]:
> >    4. during index process of a file, if you have a problem in your
> > data, zebraidx just fails silently…
> Example?

When Zebra has a record that it chokes on, it will sometimes segfault.
This is a problem in itself, a second part of that problem (and this is
one we can fix) is that rebuild_zebra doesn't notice this. It should
really start screaming about it.

When zebra fails (segfaulting, or just not liking some data) it does
things like refuse to process anything else from that point on, and it
can be quite a time consuming process to track down exactly what record
it is that's causing the issue.

> > And this is NOT secure.
> What security data does zebra leak in this failure case?

There's more than one definition of the word security. It's not secure
in the same sense that a wheel on a car might not be secure. When it
comes loose and goes flying, things don't work so well. (Although in the
case of Zebra, you may not notice for a while.)

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.