[Koha-devel] XML processing

Clay Fouts cfouts at liblime.com
Thu Nov 11 23:46:54 CET 2010

Hi, all.

Can anyone point me to documentation about why Expat is considered
incompatible with Koha (and I'm assuming MARC::File::XML). I know there are
dire warnings against such, but what are the test cases where it fails?
Expat is considerably faster than the LibXML implementation, and it would be
a shame if we were continuing to avoid using it without due cause. I've been
unable to detect issues with it in my anecdotal test cases thus far.

Thank you,
Clay