[Koha-devel] Guidelines for Patch Acceptance/Rejection

Galen Charlton gmcharlt at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 16:55:13 CET 2010

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 10:51 AM, Zeno Tajoli <tajoli at cilea.it> wrote:
> In fact the patch is in the attach file,
> http://lists.koha-community.org/pipermail/koha-patches/attachments/20101115/38d3ceff/attachment-0001.obj
>
> Do you think is a correct way to send a patch ?

I've found it slightly quicker to process patch emails when the patch
is in the body of the message (e.g., as generated by the command-line
git format-patch), so personally I prefer that where possible.
However, since there are cases where that won't work (e.g., because
the patch contains a line which is too long, which git send-email
won't accept, or because the contributor may have a MTA setup at work
that doesn't readily support mailing patches directly with git
send-email), submitting the patches as attachments is also acceptable.
 Pull requests from a public Git repository are also fine.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton