[Koha-devel] Search Engine Changes : let's get some solr

LAURENT Henri-Damien laurenthdl at alinto.com
Mon Oct 4 12:38:54 CEST 2010

Le 04/10/2010 11:04, Zeno Tajoli a écrit :
>  Hi to all,
>
>> Any feedback/idea welcome.
>
> the main problem that I see is that Zebra is much more light
> on RAM.
> Solrs is needs  Java + an App server J2EE (Tomact, Jetty ?).
> If we select Solr, can we setup a library with 512 MB of RAM in the
> server ?
>
> Bye

Looking at most users we know, the problem of little RAM is the least of
their problems, the question about accurate facetting with correct
encoding and the ease of use, add and display index is more of their
concerns.
So yes, problem of RAM, but it could be overcome with a common web
service say on solr.koha-community.org for instance, people could
provide on an external server to index and get search results from.

We chose to base our POC on Data::SearchEngine If you want to know more
details on dependencies.

--
Henri-Damien LAURENT