[Koha-devel] Item barcode prefixes in 3.2

Linda Culberson lculber at mdah.state.ms.us
Mon Oct 4 20:08:50 CEST 2010

  I apologize for another newbie question, this time regarding item
barcode prefixes in 3.2:  We are a single-branch library that has B in
front of our item barcodes which are then auto-incremental. However,
unlike the documentation there is not a set itembarcodelength.  So that
an item barcode could be B1 or it could be B1245351. There is nothing in
front of the patron barcodes which are also auto-incremental, and the B
in front of the item barcode just lets us know that it applies to an
item and not a person.  Do I need to use javascript to handle this or is
there a setting(s) that I can use for a single branch system?  What I
have been reading seems to apply only to consortia, and I was unclear as
to whether this was still a RFC or something that was already handled in
3.2.
Thanks in advance

Linda Culberson			lculber at mdah.state.ms.us
Archives and Records Services Division