[Koha-devel] Search Engine Changes : let's get some solr

Frederic Demians frederic at tamil.fr
Tue Oct 12 15:29:01 CEST 2010

  Le 12/10/10 14:47, Christopher Nighswonger a écrit :
> When running Koha's Makefile.PL, DOM is the default choice for zebra
> and has been for quite some time.

It isn't available for UNIMARC which use GRS1 for biblio and authorities
records.

For MARC21, DOM is used only for authorities records. Biblio records
still use GRS1 Record Model.

In theory--and I understand Henri-Damien Laurent frustration to
conciliate theory and practice with Zebra--DOM Record Model should allow
to do a lot of things required by Koha via successive XSLT
transformations: strip out title leading articles marked by NSB/NSE
characters for Title sort index; Unicode normalization; facets (?)...

It'll be a great pity for Index Data to loose Koha. We need help from
Index Data to see if it's possible to keep Zebra into Koha...

--
Frédéric