[Koha-devel] Release Manager : how long (open question)

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Wed Oct 13 02:48:56 CEST 2010

Paul Poulain wrote back in August:
> Le 24/07/2010 09:56, Chris Cormack a écrit : [...]
> > actually think it might be good to change the release manager often. I
> > think working on making the transition easy and making the RM's duties
> > less onerous is the way to go and then shift the duties around each 6
> > months would be good.
> yes and no.
> switching RM will probably need a few weeks, if not a few months: time
> to elect the RM, for the RM to propose new workflows if he wants, new
> coding rules, and all those things.
> So switching every 6 months looks too often to me. I think 12 months is
> a minimum.
>
> any other opinion ?

I think 6 months is fine as an ambition.  Once we have a workflow
that works for us and produces releases about that often, I think
the community should be suspicious of RMs who want to change too
much.

But I won't be surprised if it takes a few loops to reach it.

Belatedly,
Webmaster, Debian Developer, Past Koha RM, statistician, former lecturer.
Available for hire for various work http://www.software.coop/products/