[Koha-devel] CloneSubfields and problems with it

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Fri Oct 15 16:09:23 CEST 2010

> - currently code is injected in html page. This makes page load slow,
>  because browser has to stop everything until it parse JavaScript

Agreed. However much of the embedded script is reliant on TMPL
variables, so it's not possible to eliminate it from the template.

> However, I'm very aware that my solution is very jquery-eske, and might
> be too much for people who haven't used jquery before.

As others have said, we use jQuery in many places in Koha so there's
no problem here.

> I would also love to use event bubbling using .live instead of attaching
> all click handlers, but I have to check how reliably it works with
> jquery 1.3.2 which koha uses.

Upgrading the version of jQuery Koha uses should be a to-do item for 3.4.

> Would such a change be accepted into Koha and does it make sense to
> peruse this refactoring?

Anything that will improve the performance of this page will be very
much welcomed.

Thanks for sharing,

  -- Owen

--