[Koha-devel] The work on bibliografic relationships (RFC 3.4 Analytic Record support)

Zeno Tajoli tajoli at cilea.it
Fri Sep 24 17:34:57 CEST 2010

  Hi to all,

as I say, I have a sponsor to develop this RFC.
Savitra Sirohi wrote here that want to do the work in Oct 2010.
I can also work on this RFC in Oct 2010, but also later.
Probably aslo one person from ByWater has a task on this RFC
(Ian Walls?)
Are there others developers ?

I think we need to start to coordinate ourselves.
Do we need a bug on bugzilla ?
A specific git server / branch ?
How to develop in parallel ?
I have add a chat log about this RFC in
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Talk:Analytic_Record_support
I also add same consideration about MARC21 and Unimarc here:
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Analytic_Record_support#MARC21_and_Unimarc_about_relationships

My consideration:
--I dont' want to use the embedded fields in Unimarc, too complex to use
--In the near future I will add a optional plugin in z39.50 section  to
traslate Unimarc 4xx fields done with
  embedded fields to 4xx fields with standard fields. In Italy all
Unimarc z39.50 server use embedded fields.
-- I like the idea to have all relation in SQL tables but with the
option to insert them into MARC data. For me the default
is 'insert them into MARC, select to not insert'
-- I suggest the idea to work manly with cataloguing plugins

Bye
Zeno

--
Zeno Tajoli