[Koha-devel] Does Koha support anything other than MySQL? We have standardized on Oracle and SQL Server.

Chris Cormack chrisc at catalyst.net.nz
Fri Apr 1 20:13:43 CEST 2011

* Hartman, David W. - GBTS Library (David.W.Hartman at disney.com) wrote:
>    Does Koha support anything other than MySQL? We have standardized on
>    Oracle and SQL Server.

Hi David

It has been made to work on other databases in the past, but currently
only MySQL is officially supported. It can work with mariadb as well,
which is an dropin MySQL replacement, and there is active work under way
to get it working with more, Postgres at least.

Oracle and SQL Server aren't high on my list, being proprietary, but the
work done on database layer abstraction should allow for even these to
be used.

You could try them with the current release, and they may work, but you
would have to do some code changes at least in C4/Context.pm and the
config files to get them to work. But I suspect there will be a lot of
little gotchas, so I wouldn't recommend trying to run a current release
of Koha on either.

Chris