[Koha-devel] 700 and frameworks

Paul paul.a at aandc.org
Sat Apr 2 22:57:29 CEST 2011

Does anyone know if Marc field 700 has any obscure dependencies in Koha
that would give, when trying to save a biblio record, the error: " * Field
700 is mandatory, at least one of its subfields must be filled" despite
none of the subfields being set to mandatory.

The error appears to come from one of the scripts loaded in the workstation
GUI because clicking "Save" does not even attempt to access the server
(this from Apache2 logs.)

We have a new framework that is based on "Default". Following a thread
(specifically Fri, 1 Apr 2011 10:26:38 +0800) on the Koha users' list
concerning frameworks, to expand the GUI presentation of Fields with
multiple sub-fields, we had set the *field* to mandatory for 020, 040, 082,
100, 245, 250, 260, 300, 520, 521, 650, 700 and 942.

*Only* 700 poses a problem - I have had to set it back to non-mandatory in
order to save the record. Others that are set to mandatory at field level
save perfectly with no input (e.g. 020 "ISBN Number" can be left blank)
unless of course there is a mandatory sub-field.

Is there any [easy] way to set $subfield_data{visibility} (add-biblio.pm
line 346 to 351) to "" except by setting field to mandatory (or by adding
valid data through Z39.50)?  I have not [quickly] found another method to
ensure immediate sub-field visibility in the GUI (which staff and
volunteers are asking for.)

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks

Paul