[Koha-devel] Koha - biblioitems

Chris Cormack chrisc at catalyst.net.nz
Wed Apr 6 19:17:44 CEST 2011

* Linda Culberson (lculber at mdah.state.ms.us) wrote:
> All,
> In 3.4 and on, I somehow got the impression (dream/nightmare?) that
> biblioitems was to no longer exist, and that certain MARC fields
> that are repeatable - particularly the 300, will no longer be.  Did
> I dream that or is that the case?  If it is true, will Koha have a
> way to handle those repeatable fields?
>
> I would appreciate hearing from someone about this right away, as it
> may scuttle our whole migration plan.

I can confirm as 3.4 Release Manager that removing repeatable fields was
not ever planned for the 3.4.x series (or any other release series for
that matter).

Merging biblio and biblioitems may happen in the future, (not for 3.4.x)
but it will not ever result in a regression of features like this.

I'm not sure where you got them impression, if you can recall, and
correct anyone else who has this fear also that would be awesome.

The nice thing about Koha is all development and discussion is done in
the open, so at any point anyone can see exactly what is going to be in
3.4.x. No hidden suprises, no unreleased code, it's all there for
everyone to see. Which is why I recommend (well I would wouldn't I,
being Release manager and all) that people run from official Koha
releases. No hidden nasties.

Chris
--
Chris Cormack