[Koha-devel] Koha - biblioitems

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Wed Apr 6 21:52:53 CEST 2011

On 7 Apr 2011 07:11, "Linda Culberson" <lculber at mdah.state.ms.us> wrote:

> All,
> I  couldn't remember where I'd seen the reference to biblioitems being
merged with biblio, so went back to my notes.  It was in an RFP on the wiki.
 Now, I see that  the RFC  has been listed as abandoned. Thanks to all for
your reassurance.

The merge will take place eventually, but will never ever kill repeatable
fields... even more reassurance. :)

> By way of explanation we have done numerous test migrations, checking and
rechecking that things convert properly, and then fixing in our current
catalog what doesn't  work in Koha.  We are getting very close, and I've be
going over my notes to make sure I didn't miss anything. Out of over 100,000
biblios, I'm now down to two (that I know of) that have serious problems.
One of those has multiple 300 tags, although that isn't creating its
problem.

Thats a darn good ratio, pat yourself on the back.

> It helps to know everyone is out there and so willing to help, and I
appreciate your patience.

Without users what the rest of us do is worthless, so we definitely
appreciate you too. Especially users who get involved and ask questions and
point out our mistakes, they are invaluable.

Keep up the good work.

Chris