[Koha-devel] Koha - Bug 6113 enhancement to keep previous ids in bulkmarcimport.pl

Linda Culberson lculber at mdah.state.ms.us
Thu Apr 7 15:23:58 CEST 2011

All,
I have submitted Bug 6113 to bugzilla for a sponsored enhancement.
In communicating with other Koha users, we feel that it would be highly
beneficial Koha  was enhanced to allow the  library to keep its current
ids  when loading both bibliographic and authority records. Some of us
have used our current control numbers in the 76X-78X fields to link
records.  In our institution, we have also used that number in external
databases and on other websites to link additional information back to
the related catalog record. The documentation within bulkmarcimport.pl
also needs to be amended to better explain the use of the various
options (for example:  x, y, k, idmap and keepid) since some of us tried
to use those to keep our ids without success.

Thank you.
Linda Culberson			lculber at mdah.state.ms.us
Archives and Records Services Division
Ms. Dept. of Archives & History