[Koha-devel] Hacker's corner, wk14 / Hackfest Europe

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Sat Apr 16 15:40:44 CEST 2011

Le 11/04/2011 14:42, David Schuster a écrit :
> Just an idea, but what about having the hackfest at the KohaCon happen
> right before a release!  That way the release manager would be there
> to work with everyone on blockers and possibly get the blockers out of
> the way.  Then 2 weeks or so after the KohaCon there would be a
> "release"...
>
> From my experience the Release manager does a talk about what to
> expect out of the pending release anyway...
>
> Just talking off the top of my head but that would provide for 2
> travel options only and what a bang for your buck on KohaCon!
well... I'm AFK for one week, and plan to announce that BibLibre will
probably organize a hackfest one month before each spring release. And
when i'm back on my keyboard, someone already suggested this idea...

So, yes, we found very profitable for everybody this hackfest, and are
thinking about organizing such a meeting once a year.
In my idea, it must be an easy place to reach. For ppl coming, the
flight or train was not too expensive, no jet lag, short flight
duration, making the trip "easy". So I think we must keep the idea of a
"local hackfest". Maybe there could be one in US too. if it were during
the same week, we could work 24Hx3days (and chris or the next RM would
be overwhelmed by patches to push ;-) )

Anyway, see you next year in Marseille !

--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com