[Koha-devel] 64-bit versions

Paul paul.a at aandc.org
Tue Aug 2 15:23:22 CEST 2011

At 07:07 AM 8/2/2011 -0400, Ian Walls wrote:
>ByWater Solutions also runs 64 bit Debian Squeeze, and we are quite
>pleased with it.

Tnx to all for your replies.  A follow-up if I may?  How much RAM are you
using?  My current "sand-box server" is very slow (4-7 seconds for
searches, admin saves, etc) with only 2 gigs; we are refining our new specs
and hesitating between 8 and 16 gigs for the new box. Our users and
cataloguers are really looking for more or less instantaneous responses to
OPAC searches and I'm looking for all the hardware design help I can get.

Best regards - Paul

>-Ian
>
>On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 9:57 PM, Paul Poulain
><<mailto:paul.poulain at biblibre.com>paul.poulain at biblibre.com> wrote:
>Le 01/08/2011 23:07, Chris Cormack a écrit :
> >> I'll then migrate our current db from 3.2 (on a 32-bit machine) and again
> >> would appreciate any words of wisdom from any of you as to best practices.
> >> Â The new server will use Ubuntu 10.04LTS rather than 10.10 (current
> server)
> >> just for the long-term maintenance schedule in a production environment.
> >>
> > We run our production systems on 64bit debian squeeze, with no issues
>Same thing for us: 64bits debian squeeze, with no issues

Paul
Tired old sys-admin