[Koha-devel] Restricting access to acquisition baskets

Edgar Fuß ef at math.uni-bonn.de
Tue Aug 2 18:12:27 CEST 2011

Currently, while booksellers.pl tries to restrict a user's ability to view baskets, that's easily circumvented simply by altering the basketno CGI parameter to, e.g. baket.pl.

I can think of three ways to close this security hole:

1. Check permissions in every script that deals with baskets. This would probably require an addition to C4::Auth.
2. Randomise basket numbers.
3. Add a random key to each basket that must be given as a CGI parameter (in addition to basketno) in order for a script to allow access to that basket.

Please note that for my own part, I'm unaffected by this problem. I have only a single branch and allow access to all that branches' baskets anyway.
Nevertheless, I would give implementing a fix a try if there is consensus on which way to go.