[Koha-devel] eval "use Some::Module"

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Sun Aug 7 13:20:33 CEST 2011

Op zondag 7 augustus 2011 22:59:29 schreef Edgar Fuß:
> Not being a Perl expert myself, I thought that was some clever thing I
> didn't understand. I lately asked my personal Perl guru about it, and he
> replied is was plain broken.

Koha is pretty old software by some standards, and has accepted contributions
from people with a huge range of development skills over the years. As such,
there are a number of places where the coding styles are out of date or not in
line with best practices. We tend to fix them as we notice them, but it'll be
a long while before everything is modernised (and by then, "modern" will have
probably moved on.)

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.