[Koha-devel] Benchmarking Koha

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Fri Dec 2 17:46:35 CET 2011

Hello,

I've pushed a few minuts ago a new script, you'll find it at
misc/load_testing/benchmark_staff.pl

Run the script to get the parameters and information. It run up to 7
different benchmarks on a given setup.
I'll use this script regularly, when pushing patches that are related to
speed of Koha. I'll add the results on the page :
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Benchmark_for_3.8

I already have added 2 benchmark, with the speed of today master, with
and without memcache.
My first surprise (and I did the tests 3 times to be sure I wasn't
making a mistake !) is that you almost get no speed improvement with
memcache ON.

Some patches should be validated soon, I hope we will see a lot of
improvements, as Koha really need it !

HTH
--
Paul POULAIN