[Koha-devel] [Koha] Koha fails to authenticate against a secured CAS server

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Wed Dec 7 15:50:16 CET 2011

Le 07/12/2011 10:19, Auninda Rumy Saleque a écrit :

> What do you call a "secured CAS url" ?
>
> well, i can access my cas server over a secured mode i.e. https or in
> normal http mode. this is what i meant as secured/not-secured CAS urls
> that i put in the 'casServerUrl' preference box of koha. in my case,
> under the 'casServerUrl' preference i am putting my cas server link
> (http://internal_cas_ip:8080/cas) which helps me login to some koha
> user using cas authentication. but if the link is an https link
> (https://internal_cas_ip:8443/cas), i am being returned to the koha
> login page with this message 'sorry, the cas login failed.'  and also
> the returned url looks something like this:
> 'http://192.168.2.95/cgi-bin/koha/opac-user.pl?ticket=ST-48-tfCtNe4BxN5ejOj5qelb-cas'
>
> Note: i am also using cas over https with drupal and it is working
> fine. so i am guessing i am putting/doing something wrong while
> configuring koha in combination with CAS.

mmm... that's very strange, because Aix-Marseille universities also have
an https: CAS server, as you can see at
http://catalogue.univ-aix-marseille.fr/cgi-bin/koha/opac-user.pl

do you have a more detailled error message ? is it open (ie: can I test
myself, if it's possible, drop me a valid cas account by mail pls)

PS: you should/could add a bug at bugs.koha-community.org Even if it's a
configuration problem, it will be worth adding it in the doc once we
will have understood/fix the problem !

--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com