[Koha-devel] Speed improvement & T::T

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Fri Dec 9 20:52:44 CET 2011

2011/12/10 Mike Hafen <mdhafen at tech.washk12.org>:
> Perhaps the way to overcome permissions would be to host the pre-compiled
> template files in git, or create them just before creating the archives for
> releases.

Hmm no, it doesn't work that way, Template::Toolkit will create them
and use them itself, and it will use the directory you tell it to.

http://template-toolkit.org/docs/manual/Config.html#section_Caching_and_Compiling_Options

By default we are caching them all already, so switching on mod_perl
or plack or the like will give us a big performance boost, because the
cache then is more persistent. This means it will totally outperform
the corresponding set up using html::template::pro

But for CGI, then the compiling is useful also, so we should try
switching that on.

Chris