[Koha-devel] mailman mailing lists hosting

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Tue Dec 27 16:26:11 CET 2011

Le 27/12/2011 15:57, Galen Charlton a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On 12/27/2011 09:57 AM, Tomas Cohen Arazi wrote:
>> Is there any integration with git that needs to be kept in mind?
>
> Not as such except for being an item to check after the transition.  As
> long as the subscriptions are transferred over to the new host, the
> automatic emails from Git to koha-patches should just continue to work.
The only tricky part here is to also move mailman history and, during
the transition, accept to loose a few messages for history or some
failure for ppl with poor DNS

Here could be the timing:

T0 = transfer the subscriber list & the history
T+10mn = retrieve subscriber list & history on new server
T+20mn = stop mailman on BibLibre server, switch DNS

then, all ppl trying to use mailman service will either:
* have a failure (ie: their DNS is not updated)
* succeed (ie: their DNS is uptodate)

If we do that on a friday, that should ease things a lot !

--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com