[Koha-devel] Seeking comments on Bug 5234 - Remove unused CSS files

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Wed Feb 9 09:22:31 CET 2011

Le 08/02/2011 22:18, LAURENT Henri-Damien a écrit :
> Hi
> blue.css was left quite unmaintained, though it brought along more
> colors and therefore was warmer.
> But well would need work.
My opinion is that the standard "white and black" colors are not fancy
enough.
I changed my mind on this subject : I thought fancyness was just
something for tv ppl that must hide their emptyness behing fancy colors.
I still think that in fact. But when competing another ILS in a RFP,
when the librarians have a demo, I have heard some librarians saying
"your interface is sad, more colors/pictures would be better,..."
I know *for sure* we already have lost one RFP just because of the look
of our librarian interface.
The library project manager was very annoyed by this reason, thinking
Koha was the best in terms of features, but the librarians were
convinced by another ILS, and the main reason was ... the colors.
I agree it's really stupid/silly/whatever you want, but I think we have
to deal with that : I think Koha 3.4 with a new librarian default color
style could be advertised as "we changed everything, look how fancy it
is", and that would work much better than "in Koha 3.4 we now have this
great feature".

So, the next question is, imo: who could write a nice&fancy color
stylesheet ? (no-one at BibLibre :( )

--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com