[Koha-devel] Jenkins (formerly known as hudson, until Oracle lost their minds) hosting

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Mon Feb 28 18:10:11 CET 2011

Hi All

As you are probably all aware I have been running a hudson (now
jenkins) instance on my linode server. It has been invaluable for
catching errors and for helping to drive us towards better testing.

The problem I now have is that my linode instance is RAM starved with
both bugzilla and jenkins on it. So I am looking for volunteers to
offer a machine to host jenkins on. Ideally debian (running squeeze)
as the packages for jenkins work really well.

I would need a login so I could set up and configure jenkins, and get
it running all the tests again, but then id be happy to have sudo
access revoked and let someone else maintain it. Jenkins is a pile of
java, so it is RAM hungry.

Conversely I could leave it running on my linode, but others could
chip in to help afford the upgrade to the next level to get more ram
available.

Or any other suggestions?

Chris

PS the Jenkins story is an interesting one, and one worth reading
about, a lot of how not to interact with a free software community
lessons to be learnt there.