[Koha-devel] News of BibLibre patches

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Thu Jan 6 16:04:07 CET 2011

After the KohaCon, we have submitted 9 branches with a lot of patches to
be integrated to 3.4

A page has been opened to summarize that:
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/BibLibre_patches_to_be_integrated_for_3.4

Here is the status as of today :
* 3 branches have been merged: admin / reports / serials
* 2 branches are awaiting qa: the big one (related to circulation &
members changes, see our RFCs on the wiki and #5575 on bugzilla. I have
reset/recommited all the patches to have only 50+ patches instead of
200+) and the cataloguing one (that is quite large too, #5574)
* I've sent a pull request for 3 branches : OPAC (#5584), authorities
(#5581), acquisition (#5580)

I won't sent a pull request on the various branch : looking carefully at
it, it contains a lot of usefull things, but they are related to a lot
of various things and can/will be splitted in smaller patches. we will
split them and send the patches "one by one".

Important notice: chris said yesterday at the irc meeting that the move
to template::toolkit should be merged into master on feb.
It means it becomes urgent to do QA on those branches & integrate them
into master. It must be done before we move to T::T, or it will request
too much work to be integrated.

That's why I propose 2 IRC to work on the 2 main branches (circ /
cataloguing).
* proposed circ IRC qa-meeting: jan, 11th, from 12GMT to 14GMT, AND from
20GMT to 22GMT
* proposed cataloguing qa-meeting: jan, 17th, from 12GMT to 14GMT, AND
from 20GMT to 22GMT

For those meetings, i'll setup a fresh install for ppl to test & give
feedback. If someone want to test & give feedback before or after the
meetings, feel free to add comments to the bugs.

I know those branches are quite large, and it will be hard to signoff
them, so I suggest ppl doing some tests add a comment on the BZ entry,
to let chris know they have tested (thx to owen that already added an
entry to #5574, that i'll fix asap)

--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com