[Koha-devel] Koha - Advanced cataloging search RFC on 001

Fischer, Katrin Katrin.Fischer at bsz-bw.de
Fri Jan 14 16:09:42 CET 2011

Hi Linda,

not sure I understand your questions correctly, but I hope this is
helpful for you:

There is a search option for 001 field in z39.50 search in cataloging
called 'Control number'. This will be available in acquisitions in 3.4
too.

You can also search for the 001 fields in simple search in staff and
opac, using following syntax: 'Control-number:'. Please note it has to
be a big C.

I think you could also add a search option in the pull down using some
jQuery.

You can also construct links to your OPAC using 001:
http://hfjs.bsz-bw.de/cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl?q=Control-number:
005288320

Not being able to map means probably that you can't map it to biblio or
biblioitems table. But you don't need that to make it searchable :)

Katrin