[Koha-devel] Development workflow

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Thu Jan 27 18:29:59 CET 2011

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 12:19 PM, Paul Poulain
<paul.poulain at biblibre.com> wrote:

> Le 27/01/2011 17:49, Ian Walls a écrit :
>> Branches that are not receiving active testing feedback would receive
>> attention towards creating a simpler, easier to follow testing plan.
>
> Do you really think? I don't think so: If that were the case, then
> someone should/would have said "well seems interesting, but I need more
> information/help/..."

This is problematic for the same reason it's problematic to organize a
QA session on IRC: It's hard to find the right people at the right
time. It's daunting to approach a QA branch which has an unknown
scope, and hard to ask questions if you don't know what you're looking
for.

 If there is a branch to test, I want to know as much as possible
about what is to be tested We have the right infrastructure with the
workflow we have if these conditions are met:

1. The branch covers one feature/fix.
2. The feature/fix is described in a bug report.

If these things are true I've got everything I need in order to test.

  -- Owen

--
Web Developer
Athens County Public Libraries