[Koha-devel] Development workflow

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Thu Jan 27 19:21:13 CET 2011

 On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 12:37 PM, Chris Cormack
<chris at bigballofwax.co.nz>wrote:

<snip>

> This is a separate problem, lets call it, how do we deal with work
> that has been submitted that doesn't follow the workflow, and work on
> a solution for that.
> Paul himself said that for patches that do follow the workflow (the
> image patch Nicole tested and signed off) the workflow works. So lets
> not change that, lets work out how to deal with patches that have been
> submitted that dont follow the workflow, ie, step 1, one branch per
> feature.
>
> It's not an easy problem but it is one we are all motivated to solve.
> No one. least of all me, wants to see anyones work go to waster. I
> want Biblibre's code in master before 3.4, lets try to work out how we
> can do it. All the while keeping vigilant and making sure all work
> follows the one branch per feature/bug rule for the future. Combine
> that with a better way of testing, and someone championing that, I
> think we are looking good for the future.

This is the heart of the problem as I see it. The current workflow is fine
(and could be embellished with Ian's suggestions/proposal.) The issue of the
outstanding Biblibre code is a "left-over" problem which we need to setup up
to, fix, and get behind us as soon as possible.

Perhaps we should schedule a "Test Fest" similar to a "Hack Fest" and get a
group of people together to pound on the Biblibre test servers one day?

Kind Regards,
Chris