[Koha-devel] Koha 3.4.02: Date::ICal and SMS::Send Perl modules issue on openSUSE 11.4

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Thu Jul 7 00:40:21 CEST 2011

Andi Sugandi
> On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 3:21 PM, Andi Sugandi <andisugandi at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Koha installer *did not see* two Perl modules: the Date::ICal[1] (on
> > koha's web installer) and SMS::Send[2] (after installed) though those
> > were already installed from rpm package[3].
>
> I also install SMS::Send Perl module via cpan but unfortunately Koha
> still does not see it[5] too.
>
> [5] https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/y3_qGSkXtxu4FryOXWWPQA?feat=directlink
>
> Koha bugs?

I think it's more probably a system misconfiguration somewhere.

Thanks for the question, but to help with that, we need a bit more
information.  You probably need to tell us how to obtain the error,
step-by-step if possible and if that process has worked for you before,
with what Koha version.

(The above is copy-pasta which you could avoid by reading the list
archives before posting.  I see many bug reports that are missing
vital info like the above and this seems better than you getting no
reply.)

Where is the module on your system?  (locate SMS/Send.pm should find
it I think.)

Which rpm package did you install and how?

Also, is PERL5LIB set in the shell you are running cpan shell from?

How did you install Koha?  Following the INSTALL.opensuse instructions
and updating them yourself for 3.4.2?  Did you use zypper install
perl-SMS-Send?

When you installed SMS::Send Perl module via cpan what was the
output?  Please use http://paste.koha-community.org or similar
if possible.

By the way, that screenshot looks like it's from a running Koha,
not the installer.

> *I send (cc) this e-mail to koha-devel too, hopefully can get faster feedback.*

No, that just gets you flagged as a cross-post spammer and scored down
so you're the last email I see that day.  Please don't cross-post to
the koha users list and koha-devel.  Decide whether it's a user
question or a development question and pick the right list, please.
Many helpers get enough email without getting two copies of yours.

Hope that helps,
http://koha-community.org supporter, web and LMS developer, statistician.
Available for hire for Koha work http://www.software.coop/products/koha