[Koha-devel] Koha Support provider

davi at gnu.org davi at gnu.org
Fri Jul 8 17:26:33 CEST 2011

On Friday 08 July 2011 15:11:05 Ian Walls wrote:
> MJ is correct: www.leals.com/library, the page that appears to contain the
> most information about their ILS offerings (unless I'm missing a page... I
> didn't do a full review of the site), does not link to
> www.koha-community.org anywhere (as MJ already confirmed), nor does it even
> reference Koha.  To quote:  "We provide a full-featured ILS solution"
>
> There is also reference to EDIFACT integration (twice on the page), which
> is still awaiting integration into Koha (a fact to which MJ and I can both
> speak).  This indicates to me that leals is not offering services on the
> community codebase, at least not exclusively.

The EDIFACT integration is the one I developed some months ago for one of the
software.coop (MJ coop) customers. Software.coop got in partner with other
company to integrate it upstream and did some marketing about it.

It is not my fault if they have not integrated it yet.

> I'll leave MJ's other concerns to be addressed by those more knowledgeable
> than I, but facts above stand in my mind as blockers enough to listing.  I
> would ask leals to remedy this by providing link backs to
> koha-community.org, as well as referencing the software directly on their
> page.  Any clarification about the nature of exactly what codebase they're
> offering services upon would be appreciated.

We offer services for the official upstream release, and of course for the
software we have developed.

> I remember a discussion some time ago about the requirements for listing,
> but I don't recall the resolution.  Perhaps I'm being too restrictive; I
> have no objections to leals being listed if they do indeed provide Koha
> support, but from their website I have no idea if that's true or not.  A
> single link and the word "Koha" would go a long way in that regard.

We will add the product name, Koha ILS, and the link to koha-community.org.

I have to get a break now, but I will be back and fix the issues Ian name. I
hope show results and report tomorrow.

Best regards,
--
David Díaz (davi) worker of www.leals.com, a business democratically
managed by its workers. Webmaster, Debian Maintainer, Software Engineer.