[Koha-devel] How to indicate the item type (book, CD, CBT, cassette)

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Tue Jul 19 02:57:16 CEST 2011

Hartman, David W. - GBTS Library schreef op ma 18-07-2011 om 18:54
[-0400]:
>  Before converting over from EXCEL to MARC format for import into
> KOHA, I need to find out how to assign the item type to the MARC
> record.   What fields are item type and how do you specify “book” or
> “serial” or “CD” etc.  Thanks for any help!

http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Holdings_data_fields_(9xx)

That's probably the reference you need. You probably also want to put
the item codes in 942whatever (I forget the code). You can look up the
mappings that your system is using by going to Administration -> Koha to
MARC mapping.

As for what to put, when you defined your item types in Koha, you gave
each one a code. For example, 'B' -> 'Book', 'S' -> 'Serial'.
It's this code that should go in there.

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.