[Koha-devel] [bug 6458]: need some help for a parsing problem in 'misc/translator/TTParser.pm'

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Tue Jul 19 20:42:24 CEST 2011

Hi

One bug with many patches is fine, see 2505 as an example

Adding tests to xt/ to catch these would be awesome too, then it would stop
more creeping in.

I could add it as a step for jenkins, so if you wanted to share the parser
that would be excellent, I have a koha-qa git repo we could add it to.

Chris
On 20 Jul 2011 03:11, "Frère Sébastien" <semarie-koha at latrappe.fr> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 12:14:53PM +0200, Paul Poulain wrote:
>> Le 19/07/2011 12:02, Frère Sébastien Marie a écrit :
>> > but should we open bug report for each "miss-used" templates ?
(warning, simple grep report 56 occurences)
>> > and not all generate a problem (in my case, only when contains also a
translated string: an invalid template is produced)
>> don't hesistate to do so ! (opening a bugreport)
>
> I wrote a simple parser in order to found easily these issues.
>
> Resulting:
> - 6 files unable to parse: CDATA are open but not closed
> - 1 file unable to parse: an attribute is opened but not closed (exactly,
closed and not opened)
> - 253 occurrences found, in 38 files
>
> Does exist any batch processing for opening bug report ?
>
> or could I open only one bug report, and populate with multiples patchs ?
>

> I attach my log file (report of errors found). The format is:
> filename: xxx yyy zzz
>
> where 'xxx', 'yyy', 'zzz' are line number, where a directive (search for
"[%") is found in a tag (something between '<' and '>') and not in an
attribute value (something between '"' and '"').

> error of parsing are: '(EOF in ...)'
>
> For example:
> ./koha-tmpl/opac-tmpl/prog/en/modules/opac-detail.tt: 318 318 346 346 362
362
> ./koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/prog/en/modules/tools/stage-marc-import.tt: 106
(EOF in Attribute Value)

> First, in './koha-tmpl/opac-tmpl/prog/en/modules/opac-detail.tt', two
times on each lines: 318, 346 and 362.

> Second, in './koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/prog/en/modules/tools/
stage-marc-import.tt', line 106 and the parse could be terminated because of
EOF occurs in a attribute. Here, beware: the parser is too simple to report
correctly the error: it only note that an attribute has a bad pair of '"'.
And as he continue parsing, the reported error are bad. (here the error is
line 97: <option value=ISO_8859-1">, and after correction not problem with
DIRECTIVE in TAG).