[Koha-devel] Patch format (was: Sending orders by email)

Edgar Fuß ef at math.uni-bonn.de
Sun Jul 31 23:40:31 CEST 2011

> Also, it's best sending patches using the git tools.
I tried to understand the problem, but I didn't. I asked a GIT aware colleague to understand the problem, but he didn't either. I asked here to convert what I sent into what I should have sent (so I could understand the difference), but to no avail.

So, after finishing a proposed solution to Bug 6390, I went into the trouble of pulling the Koha GIT repository, applied my patch and looked what ``git diff'' would output. I can't spot any substantial difference from the original patch.
Nevertheless, I re-sent my patches for both 5260 and 6390 in GIT format to hopefully make people happy.

> That way, anyone can really easily apply them just from the bug,
I just simply don't understand. Is it really that people are able to issue a
	git apply mailorder.git
but are unable to issue a
	patch -p0 <mailorder.patch
? I can't believe that.

> and they keep history and attribution correctly
I don't see how this can be done more easily by git apply then by patch.