[Koha-devel] EAN-13 barcode support

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Mon Jun 6 19:26:39 CEST 2011

Hi Dobrica,

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 1:08 PM, Dobrica Pavlinusic <dpavlin at rot13.org> wrote:
>> The scaling foo really follows no logic that I've be able to figure
>> out yet. It is definitely not a "one size fits all" situation. Right
>> now it is optimized for longer barcodes. Feel free to improve upon it
>> if you are able.
>
> I was wondering what units are used for $bar_length, and I haven't
> figured it out.

IIRC all at that level are points. I'm pretty sure that I refactored
the entire creator code to use points as its base unit.

> However, without scaling, barcodes are correct size (at least for
> EAN-13/UPC-a which have "standard" size), so it's not a show-stoppper.

I suspect this is true for the average user, which is why it has not
been high on my list to work on (sorry everyone).

If I can help by answering questions, please feel free to ask. My time
right now is tight, so I can't do much more.

Kind Regards,
Chris