[Koha-devel] Z3950 searching on MARC as well as UNIMARC targets

Marcel de Rooy M.de.Rooy at rijksmuseum.nl
Wed Jun 8 16:01:58 CEST 2011

Fridolyn [AND others as well]:

Thanks for responding. I tried connecting to BNF, but it failed me again. Could this be related to the userid and password? (I also tried without user and pw.) Please note that the other target mentioned earlier functions well.

But could you answer the following question please? Or someone else from the list?

Would it be interesting for you to Z3950-search MARC21 targets too from your UNIMARC Koha? I made some changes in the script and am able to search both "worlds". MARC and Card view work fine. Only obstacle remains the Import, because it assumes that all records are in the system MARC flavour.

It would not be so hard to convert most (important) fields vice versa when copying them to the framework in the addbiblio script.

Regards,

Marcel