[Koha-devel] Trouble with CSS files after creating package with translations

Magnus Enger magnus at enger.priv.no
Fri Jun 17 12:24:27 CEST 2011

2011/5/30 Robin Sheat <robin at catalyst.net.nz>:
> Magnus Enger schreef op vr 27-05-2011 om 14:46 [+0200]:
>> Looks to me like the packaging/packages is doing some rearranging of
>> the CSS files that only works for the English templates and not for
>> templates translated into other languages? Are there any package gurus
>> out there who are able to see what is going on?
>
> From the debian/rules file:
>
> rm -r $(TMP)/usr/share/koha/opac/htdocs/opac-tmpl/prog/en/lib/yui
> ln -s /usr/share/javascript/yui $(TMP)/usr/share/koha/opac/htdocs/opac-tmpl/prog/en/lib/yui
>
> and then a bunch of installs of css and png files
> into ...-tmp/prog/en/css. Perhaps this is what you're seeing that causes
> things to lay out differently.

Finally some time to look at this again...

Yup, that is definitely the heart of the matter! Installing another
language replicates lots of JS/CSS/image stuff from opac-tmpl/prog/en/
to e.g. opac-tmpl/prog/nb-NO/ and then the packaging process comes in
and does it's magic, but only on the stuff in opac-tmpl/prog/en/ and
not on the stuff that has been installed for any other languages.

The weird thing is that it seems to work just fine for the Intranet,
but not for the OPAC... I am not sure why yet.

So far, these are the possibilities I can see:

- Move the JS/CSS stuff out of the language specific directories and
have all languages use this stuff from one and the same location.

- Make debian/rules do it's stuff for all installed languages with
some kind of foreach-loop, if that is possible

- Find another way to handle translations than the process I am trying
now (install the languages, commit the resulting files with git, build
packages with build-git-snapshot)

- Make custom versions of debian/rules to accommodate translations,
I'm currently testing this: http://div.libriotech.no/kohadeb/rules -
the packages are being built as we speak

Best regards,
Magnus Enger
libriotech.no