[Koha-devel] Trouble with CSS files after creating package with translations

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Wed Jun 22 14:44:42 CEST 2011

Op woensdag 22 juni 2011 20:26:12 schreef Magnus Enger:
> My understanding of the steps involved is severely limited, but if
> there is any "manual labour" involved I'd be happy to volunteer!

Well, the guts of it is this (from memory):

* The debian/rules file contains the commands that need to be run to install
everything into a chroot that is needed to build all the packages (at the
moment just koha and koha-common.) If the command to build the translations
was added to this, along with anything needed to put them in the right place
(probably alongside the en installed files), then that's the first step.
* Say you've set it up to install the -no translations, then you need to add
the details of that package in debian/control (or, really, debian/control.in.)
This is a description and depends and so forth. Basically, it'll require a)
anything that's needed to build the translations (build-depends), and b) it'll
depend on koha-common to be installed.
* Make sure that koha-common.install doesn't pull in the translations into the
package that it makes - it should only include the default en ones (or,
perhaps, they should be in their own package too. I'm not sure about that
though.)
* Create something like koha-translations-no.install (the name being whatever
you called it in the control file) that tells it where the translated files go
when the rules file is being evaluated, and where they should end up when the
package is installed.

All going to plan, this should work :) Once someone has worked out the tricks
the first time, any other translations should just be a copy-paste of that
with appropriate language codes changed.

It's been on my radar for a while (I really want to get -en-nz into there for
example), but I've lacked the time, and things aren't going to get quieter in
the next month or three it looks like (too many libraries want Koha now
apparently :)

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.