[Koha-devel] Hacker's corner, week 11 (challenge inside !)

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Sun Mar 13 23:23:04 CET 2011

Hello,

What happend this week on Koha source code?
First of all, Frédéric Demian has written a page on the wiki to explain
how our workflow works :
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Bug-enhancement-patch_Workflow.
Please refer to this page if you need to learn how it works.

1- bugs closed
=========
55 bugs were closed : that's a good news.
Julian (newcomer, from BibLibre) closed most of them. Ian Wall closed
two and Jared Camins and Katrin Fischer closed one.
There are still 55 bugs waiting for being tested and closed. Julian will
continue working on them this week as planned, so we can expect this
number to reach "none" soon.

2- bugs pushed
=========
Chris has pushed 12 bugs at the end of this week.
They are now waiting for being closed. 55 bugs are in this status.
They are related to all modules, the largest module having patches is
the OPAC: 11 bugs.
In the last 7 days, 22 bugs have been pushed. They fix 2 blocking bugs,
and add a feature for quick adding a biblio on circulation (#3495)

3- bugs to sign-off
===========
26 bugs have been signed-off this week. Nicole Engard has signed the
more, followed by Katrin and Julian.
Accordingly, the total number of bugs to sign-off has been lowered to 122.
15 bugs to sign-off have been updated this week (either it's bugs to
sign-off that have had a new comment, or new bugs to sign-off)

4- to discuss
========
Some Koha modules have many bugs waiting for sign-off: 16 bugs are
related to cataloguing, 17 are related to OPAC and 19 are related to
circulation & holds.
It means there is a lot of work to do in the "to sign-off" part of Bugzilla.
Everybody is welcomed to join. Signing some easy-patches requires only a
few minuts. Some are very hard, but many are really easy. If each
developer decided to sign-off 5 bugs next week (1 per day !), I'm sure
the number would be lowered *a lot* !

See you next week, hoping the number of bugs to sign-off will have be
lowered to less than 50 ! That's the challenge I give to all of us !

--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com