[Koha-devel] [Koha] 3.2.7 Early Release Notice

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Tue Mar 29 14:35:46 CEST 2011

> The biggest changes are done in the opac.css.
> The opac.css will be changed in the version 3.4?

Koha provides great options for loading custom CSS, so changes to the
default opac.css should never be necessary. You should move your
changed CSS declarations to a separate CSS file and put that on your
server in the same place you find opac.css. Then specify that file in
the (misleadingly named) opaccolorstylesheet preference.

Alternatively, you can put all your custom CSS in the OPACUserCSS
preference, although that method is less efficient and should usually
be reserved for installations where the library doesn't have access to
the Koha file system.

Most of the changes to opac.css in 3.4 should be additive, so I don't
think you'll run into too many issues with your custom changes. You'll
have to test well, as always.

I hope that makes sense. Let me know if I can provide more details.

  -- Owen

--
Web Developer
Athens County Public Libraries